Our Yoga 101 series is designed for students who are brand new to yoga or those who would like to relearn the basics. Combining discussion, demonstration and practice, this series will introduce you to yoga at your pace and step-by-step.
You will learn breathing techniques and get an understanding of some of the most frequently practiced poses. By the end of the series you will have a solid understanding of what yoga is, how to modify poses for your body, and how to stay safe in any yoga class.
What you will learn:
- Basic breathing techniques
- Basic poses such as downward facing dog, plank, and cobra
- Poses and movements for joint health and mobility
- Sun salutations
- Standing postures to cultivate strength and balance
- Back bends to cultivate mobility in the spine and to awaken energy
- Sitting postures such as forward bends for flexibility and to calm a busy mind
- Restorative poses for relaxation
The cost of the Yoga 101 series is $80 per person
Price Includes a Total of 8 Classes:
- 4 highly individualized Yoga 101 classes
- A Basic Membership, includes 4 classes from our ongoing class schedule – a $48 value.
Learn the foundations in Yoga 101 and take that wisdom with you to other classes. This Basic Membership is active throughout the 4-week Yoga 101 series to encourage you to take at least one other class per week. This will help you build a habit of yoga into your life!
Pre-registration is required. REGISTER HERE
Upcoming Yoga 101 Series Dates:
Choose a series that works for you:
February 12 – March 5 (Mondays, 5:30-7:00pm)
March 21 – April 11 (Wednesdays, 5:30-7:00pm)
Meet Your Yoga Advisor:
The Putney Moves Yoga Advisor will help you find the class that is just right for you as well as help you design a personalized wellness plan, complete with intentions, schedule, and a home practice routine ….all for FREE!
Get in touch with your yoga advisor today!